Many times when people are trying to live a healthier lifestyle the first thing they do is try to eat less. But one of the first things to consider for weight loss is your metabolism. Increasing your metabolism will help your body work more efficiently by turning the food you eat into energy that can burn off fat.
I am a huge Oprah fan and I was elated when she introduced the world to Dr. Oz. I am now a Dr. Oz fan too. I’m always checking out his website, since I’m not home in time to catch his day time show airings.
Dr. Oz has a 7-Day Miracle plan to boost your metabolism that really works over time. Remember as we get older, our bodies start to move a little slower, so it is very important we do the necessary work to stay healthy. Your metabolism slows down at the age of 30 and then again at 40 years old. After 40, your metabolism slows down 5% every decade.
Here is an overview of the 7-Day Miracle plan to Boost Your Metabolism;
- Day 1 – Check your metabolism using this system to make sure you are eating the correct amount of calories
- Day 2 – Cut 100 Calories a Day (from the metabolism calculator)
- Day 3 – Add protein
- Day 4- Eat every 2-3 hours
- Day 5 – Drink 3 iced drinks a day: iced coffee, green tea or water
- Day 6- Take Zinc
- Day 7 – Exercise in short bursts